The NFL divisional round continues Saturday on FOX, and all eyes are on the NFC.
After getting a week off, Jalen Hurts and the top-seeded Philadelphia Eagles (13-4) opened their postseason run with a game against Daniel Jones and the sixth-seeded New York Giants (10-7-1).
These two NFC East rivals are meeting for the third time this season after the Eagles swept the Giants in the regular season in Weeks 14 and 18. Hurts missed two of the Eagles’ past three games with a sprained shoulder, and when he returned for their regular-season finale — a 22-16 win over the Giants’ backups — Hurts’ ground game was limited.
On the other side, N.Y. is coming off a solid road victory over Minnesota in the wild-card round, and outside linebacker Azeez Ojulari, who was listed as questionable with a quad injury, has been activated.
The winner will advance to face either the No. 5 Dallas Cowboys or the No. 2 San Francisco 49ers in the NFC Championship Game (Sunday, Jan. 29 at 3 p.m. ET on FOX and the FOX Sports App).
Earlier, the Kansas City Chiefs held off the Jacksonville Jaguars to punch their ticket to the AFC Championship Game.
Here are the top plays!
New York Giants at Philadelphia Eagles
Started off with a bang!
The Eagles were in the red zone within the first few minutes of the game, as Hurts went deep to DeVonta Smith for 40 yards on just the second play of the game.
Then, tight end Dallas Goedert finished the job, cashing in for a 16-yard score to put the Eagles ahead early, 7-0.
The Giants’ first possession didn’t end as well, however. The road team turned things over on downs after coming up short on fourth-and-8 at Philly’s 40-yard line after back-to-back sacks from Eagles linebacker Haason Reddick.
Philly extended its lead, 14-0, late in the first quarter, thanks to the fancy footwork of Smith.
Jones was picked off near midfield on the Giants’ following drive by Eagles cornerback James Bradberry.
Just like that, the ball was back in Hurts’ hands to start the second quarter.
Stay tuned for updates!
Top stories from FOX Sports:
- Chiefs vs. Jaguars highlights: Mahomes, K.C. headed to AFC championship
- NFL divisional round odds: Lines for every matchup
- 2023 NFL playoff schedule, bracket: Updated dates, times
- Giants vs. Eagles preview, prediction: Keys to the divisional clash
- 2023 NFL coaching tracker: News, rumors, interviews
- Dak Prescott, Cowboys silence critics in dominant playoff win
- Tom Brady won’t rush decision on future, but changes loom for Buccaneers
- Trevor Lawrence, Daniel Jones emerge; The secret of the 49ers’ success
- Eagles’ fate hangs on the health of Jalen Hurts
- NFL poll: Expert picks for MVP, DPOY, Super Bowl and other awards
Get more from National Football League Follow your favorites to get information about games, news and more
Original source here
#Giants #Eagles #live #updates #Philly #leading #double #digits