WASHINGTON ― President Joe Biden’s nominee for Air Force secretary and six other top Pentagon picks advanced out of the Senate Armed Services Committee by a voice vote June 10. The Senate must consider them before they can be confirmed. The nominations are as follows:
· Frank Kendall ― a former Pentagon acquisition official ― for secretary of the U.S. Air Force.
· Heidi Shyu ― a former top Army acquisition official ― for undersecretary of defense for research and engineering.
· Susanna Blume for director of the Cost Assessment and Program Evaluation office, known as CAPE.
· Jill Hruby for director of the National Nuclear Security Administration, or NNSA.
· Frank Rose for principal deputy administrator of the NNSA.
· Deborah Rosenblum for assistant secretary of defense for nuclear, chemical and biological defense.
· Christopher Maier for assistant secretary of defense for special operations/low intensity conflict.
#SASC #advances #Air #Force #secretary #pick #nominees